Treasure Valley Family YMCA Scholarship For Civic Engagement
Deadline: April 1.
- Students who are seniors of public, private, charter, or parochial high schools in the geographic area served by the Treasure Valley Family YMCA (Ada and Canyon Counties)
- Who have made significant contributions to their community through community service, etc. beyond that which may be required by school, church, Key Club, or similar organizations
- Who demonstrate passion for and dedication to working collaboratively to find solutions for civic issues (whether homelessness, healthcare, education, environment, etc.) and an interest in pursuing civic work (whether career or volunteer) that will strengthen and improve our communities. This scholarship award can be used at the student's choice of public or private junior college, college, university, vocational, or technical school. This scholarship will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated commitment to working within our communities to bring positive change and not based on academic or athletic achievement. Consideration will be given to students who may have difficulty furthering their education without financial assistance.
- Each high school in the service area of the YMCA may nominate one, and only one, candidate for a scholarship each year.
Scholarship Attachments: To complete this application you will be asked to submit electronic copies of the following documents:
- At least two letters of reference from a school official and other volunteer-based individual(s) familiar with your commitment to civic engagement work. (Save as "2017 YMCA Your Last Name Recommendations")
- Signature of School Official indicating that you are the one student chosen for your school. (Save as "2017 YMCA Your Last Name Signed Statement")
NOTE: These attachments are REQUIRED unless otherwise noted. Failure to include these in your application will disqualify you from consideration.
Scholarship Application Submission Confirmation: If your scholarship application has been successfully submitted you will be directed to a confirmation page thanking you for your submission.
If you are not directed to this page your scholarship application IS NOT submitted and you will need to verify that the required fields have been populated and that your responses are within the required character limits. If errors are present in your application you will be alerted to them via the red error messages located on the final page of the application.
Award Notification: Award notification will begin in July.
If you have any questions please contact Lisa Bearg or Elly Davis at (208)342-3535 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Scholarship Application Access:
Applicants must have a user account setup to login. If you already have an account you can Click Here to begin the application. It is possible to begin the application, save it, and complete it at a later date.
If you need to register a new account Click Here. The registration process can take up to a full business day to complete, so please plan accordingly.
Click Here to return to the Homepage