Whether your clients are interested in giving now or in the future through deferred gifts, you can help them achieve their charitable and financial goals by working with the Idaho Community Foundation.
For nearly 30 years, ICF has been Idaho’s only statewide nonprofit working with financial advisors to help clients find their passion, invest wisely and give forever. We can help your clients receive the maximum tax advantage on their charitable gifts and provide them with effective grant making tools. In partnership with you, we can also easily turn your clients’ more complicated assets – such as stock, real estate or personal wealth – into meaningful community grants.
Benefits to Working with Us
- Local Oversight. By establishing a fund at ICF, your client joins a respected organization with nearly 30 years of helping Idahoans make sure their charitable gifts make a difference.
- Flexibility. We offer flexibility in regards to the types of gifts we accept and the kinds of funds your client can establish. Our breadth of experience allows us to assist your clients with diverse philanthropic goals, including giving to one or several specific charities, setting up a scholarship program, or creating a personal or family legacy in the community.
- Donor Services. ICF provides all administrative services related to your client’s fund, including accounting, auditing, financial management, due diligence and grant making. This allows your client to fully enjoy the pleasure of giving without the administrative burden of a private foundation.
- Tax Advantages. Your client will receive the maximum tax deduction allowed by law for charitable contributions, greater than if he or she were to establish a private foundation. Your client will receive an immediate tax deduction for contributions made to a fund, although grants from the fund may be made over time.
- Professional Asset Management. Your client’s donated assets are professionally managed according to the investment policy established by ICF’s Board of Directors. Each fund is pooled and invested as part of the Foundation’s total assets, resulting in lower management fees, greater investment diversification and minimized investment risk.
Resources We Offer You
Responsiveness to Your Inquiries: We have staff in three regions of the state and are available to answer your questions in a timely fashion. Click here for a link to our ICF staff page.
Meetings with You and Your Clients: As questions arise, we are available to meet with you and your clients to offer information and assistance on a variety of charitable giving opportunities. We realize each client’s personal situation is unique, and we can provide the resources needed to help them decide.
Educational Opportunities: ICF sponsors estate planning seminars every year. Our staff would also be happy to speak to your local estate planning council about charitable giving through ICF.
Planned Giving Resources: Our Planned Giving website provides content that is continuously updated and includes a Planned Giving Calculator, Tax Reference section, and Advisor Resources such as case studies, articles and private letter rulings related to estate planning. Through the website, you can sign up for a weekly eNewsletter and receive the latest news at no cost or obligation. Click Here to visit our Planned Giving website.
Meetings with You and Your Staff: Sometimes questions are better answered in person. We are available to meet one-on-one with you or other members of your firm or company for a thorough discussion of the community foundation’s services and charitable giving options.
Click Here to learn more about the gifts we accept.
Click Here to read frequently asked questions by professional advisors.